Saturday, September 17, 2011

taking 106 St Tire & Wheel's advice about winterizing...last night, I, who writes the blog for Queens Premier Discount Tire Dealer got a lesson on why we need to think maintenance on our cars...

On my way home from 106 St Tire & Wheel in Corona where I work updating this blog, I made a stop for a take out dinner. When I came out my car wouldn't start. Unfortunately, I was no longer close to 106 St Tire & Wheel.

Fortunately, I called on my AAA membership. While I was waiting a rather long time,
I attempted to start my car again and it finally did start. However, I was thinking, "How old is this darn battery?" Well, guess what? Older than I thought.

We all do this...we all forget to think about the WHAT IFs. What if I am alone on a dark road in bad weather and I skid on a wet road? What if my tires need air, replacements, etc? Well, I guess my indifference to the cautions I write about might be too late if my car skid out of control.

Last night, my car could have not started in some dark parking lot on Long Island.
Instead, it wouldn't start on street in Fresh Meadows, near stores, it was parked legally, AAA took too long to respond and I tried to start the car again...it started.

Now, this could be battery cables...
This could be I need a new battery...
This was a cautionary warning....
My battery is old, the winter is approaching and my car will be left on the
street all day while I continue my blogging for 106 St Tire & Wheel.

I am going to go with the advice of the experts at 106 St Tire & Wheel in Corona
and replace my 7 year old battery NOW...

please heed the advice to winterize your car....would you want to skid on a dark road with nearly bald tires?

Would you want your car not to start in some dark place when its freezing cold outside?

Do you want to wait endlessly until AAA gets there?

Come on into 106 St Tire & Wheel and let the experts guide you through what
you need replace in order to avoid the hassle of my Friday night.

Here's 106 ST Tire & Wheel's web page:
www.106StTire.com

Please find the location closest to you and take the steps
you need before you have an accident, your car doesn't start, etc.

106 St Tire & Wheel has batteries, new discount tires like Bridgestone, Firestone, Goodyear, Hankook, Falken, Pirelli, Michelin, and more as well as safety checked used tires. 106 St also performs many services like installing new brakes,
struts, shocks, wheel alignments, NYS inspections, oil changes, etc.

The main location at 106-01 Northern Blvd, Corona, 11368 is open 24/7.
Take an hour out of your day NOW and avoid the danger or unpleasantness
of doing nothing until you're forced too.

The choice is yours and mine...I am not risking that my battery won't fail
again. It will be replaced this weekend.

Let a word to the wise be sufficient?

No comments:

Post a Comment